HRevolution Top 20by Stephen Geraghty-Harrison
Did you hear the sonic boom the evening of November 6th? I did, but that was only because I was on hour 10 of my 12 hour drive from home in Tallahassee, FL to HRevolution in Louisville, KY. Fifty or so HR bloggers and social media advocates came together for a two day event to share, discuss, eat, drink and be merry. My experience was truly amazing. I plan to have more details of the happenings in a later post, but first a self-indulgent top 20 list of things I learned about fellow HR bloggers.
- @sexythinker can eat a mad breakfast is both sexy and a thinker!
- Do not give @HR_Minion replicas of Louisville sluggers, your laptop will never be the same.
- @BenEubanks has Diet Mt. Dew coursing through his veins and can walk on his hands.
- @ADowling sees dead people, specifically “ladies in white” that haunt the Seelbach.
- @SteveBoese is seriously concerned about the ROI of wearing pants!
- The airlines have been saved by @MarenHogan – she purposely misses flights.
- @TheLance pays members of the audience to shout out that he is the “smartest man in the room.”
- Did you know that @lruettimann is a bifurcating trophy wife? @kenruet is one lucky guy!
- @ewmonster will in fact cut a b*$@!.
- Apparently @blogging4jobs is an extrovert – who knew?
- @tlcolson may wear steel toed work boots to work but she will look damn good in them!
- @joanginsberg IS taller than her avatar.
- Don’t worry, according to @stelzner, he really is a man.
- You can place blame on @akaBruno, he’ll accept.
- The Ultimate Twitter Lurker is @logicwriter.
- @TrishMcFarlane is a freak wrangler.
- @theredrecruiter gladly takes requests to sing Kumbaya.
- Shh, @BKRecruiter is secretly THE Burger King!
- @designtwit is an enabler of our need for bacon love. I think someone ate their bacon pin!
- I @SteveMGHarrison enjoy driving…A LOT. Next time can HRevolution be in Europe? I will take a canoe!
Enjoy HRevolutionaries and feel free to add your own in the comments!
Stephen is the 2009 President of Big Bend SHRM and the founder/creator of HR Gumbo. He is an operations and people manager with a passion for social media and relationship development. As a proud member of Generation Y, Stephen has worked diligently to bring Big Bend SHRM to the next level – one of the most progressive SHRM chapters in the state of Florida. He is currently an HR Specialist in higher education in Tallahassee, Florida. @stevemgharrison